- Gaze Lab Wireless Charging AccessoriesPosted 5 days ago
- Earin m2 earphonesPosted 5 days ago
- Som SleepPosted 5 days ago
- Origaudio Wrapsody Bluetooth EarphonesPosted 5 days ago
- Tmbr SunglassesPosted 2 months ago
- Google Pixel 3 and 3XL – Three times the charm!Posted 2 months ago
- Moshi – Premium Accessories and PeripheralsPosted 2 months ago
- Tap – Wearable Keyboard and MousePosted 2 months ago
- Botta-Design TRES 24 Titan WatchPosted 3 months ago
- Fall Gear Guide 2018Posted 3 months ago
- Arc’teryx Fall 2018Posted 3 months ago
- Ionbox 20m – Negative Ion GeneratorPosted 4 months ago
- Must Have Summer Essentials 2018Posted 5 months ago
- Tp-link Deco M5 – A secure home mesh Wi-Fi systemPosted 5 months ago
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro and Spotlight CamPosted 6 months ago
- Blackberry KEY2: Don’t call it a comebackPosted 6 months ago
- Glowstone – Heated Smart MugPosted 7 months ago
- Triple Bristle Sonic ToothbrushPosted 7 months ago
- Soap by Jasper MorrisonPosted 7 months ago
- GripbellPosted 7 months ago
Balancing the double life
A person starts to live when he can live outside himself.
With the past release of the recent Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises, I figured I would throw something different out there for all the superhero and ego fans alike. If you haven’t seen the movie, I’ll try not to spoil it for you, but all this is relative to any of the Batman movies. If you haven’t seen any of the movies, well I can’t help you there…spend 5 dollars and rent a video you cheap bastard! Now when you think of batman you think of some guy in a black suit and cape that kicks the crap out of Gotham City’s worst villains and thugs. When you think of Bruce Wayne, he’s a self-absorbed billionaire playboy who is born into money; and we all know where a couple of billion will get you with the ladies. “But they’re the same person!” you say. Yes, but they are two separate versions of the same person.
I myself have to confess I’m living the double life as we speak. Now don’t go jumping the gun here, I’m not running around in tights, or spending money like its going out of style. But I live two lives, and most of you out there are thinking the exact same thing. I wear a tie to work, I sit at a desk and act professional (most of the time), I went and got my education but that isn’t all there is to me. Now if you’ve read my interview on the site, maybe you’ve listened to my song. But the fact is, rapping is a big part of my life. Even though it mainly consists of me getting wasted and spitting some verses that aren’t exactly work appropriate, it’s made me what I am today in many ways and helped me with a lot of aspects of my job. But I keep those two lives as separate as I can from each other. I have to keep them separate because either one would most likely destroy the other. The same goes for Bruce, if he wasn’t having a great time as a billionaire he’d be in Arkham Asylum banging his head against a padded wall in his spare time off from fighting crime. My point is you can’t live just one life, it’s boring and it’ll eventually drive you insane and that’s a fact. But it’s a delicate balance; don’t let the two create a veritable storm out of your life. Balance baby, that’s what it’s all about without balance your two worlds will collide faster than Batman whooping your ass.
So how do you balance? Work hard, play hard. It’s an age old saying but it will hold true forever.
Here’s my take:
- Get up and grind, and when you think you’re done, grind some more!
- Take your work seriously and produce results, if you give it half a go, you will get a mediocre response to your efforts.
- If you aren’t the CEO, so what? Act like you are, because attitude is what will make you stand out indefinitely.
- Image is what defines you; it can just as easily destroy you.
- Take pride in your accomplishments and make them known, no one’s going to promote you like you would do for yourself.
- Experiment and experience different things, poke and prod at your insecurities and fears, attempt to overcome them, because these will be your only short comings.
- Leave your work at the door, whatever you do, whatever happened at work doesn’t matter here.
- Learn to appreciate life for these moments, because these are what make it worth living.
- You only get one shot at life, what you do with it is entirely up to you.
- You may not love what you do, but you can do what you love after work.
- Surround yourself with things that you enjoy, I don’t mean materially, but hey if you got the paper. Make it rain playa!
- Most importantly, don’t skimp, play as hard as you work and you’ll thank yourself for it.
In an ideal world, we’d all be able to balance our work and social lives perfectly, unfortunately not all of us can hack it. It takes work and experience like anything else in life, the only way you can conquer it is to embrace it. So if all you do is work? Or all you do is party? Step your game up, because you’re missing out on half your life. You were probably already thinking this, and who better to listen to than yourself.
So my friends you may not be batman, you may not be Bruce Wayne but you can live like you are, hell you can live better just remember: balance is the key to a healthy schizophrenic relationship with yourself.