- Heshi Designer SocksPosted 4 weeks ago
- FLXCUF – Roll them sleeves right!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Gantri – Designer 3D Printed LightsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Gaze Lab Wireless Charging AccessoriesPosted 2 months ago
- Earin m2 earphonesPosted 2 months ago
- Som SleepPosted 2 months ago
- Origaudio Wrapsody Bluetooth EarphonesPosted 2 months ago
- Tmbr SunglassesPosted 4 months ago
- Google Pixel 3 and 3XL – Three times the charm!Posted 4 months ago
- Moshi – Premium Accessories and PeripheralsPosted 4 months ago
- Tap – Wearable Keyboard and MousePosted 4 months ago
- Botta-Design TRES 24 Titan WatchPosted 5 months ago
- Fall Gear Guide 2018Posted 5 months ago
- Arc’teryx Fall 2018Posted 5 months ago
- Ionbox 20m – Negative Ion GeneratorPosted 6 months ago
- Must Have Summer Essentials 2018Posted 7 months ago
- Tp-link Deco M5 – A secure home mesh Wi-Fi systemPosted 7 months ago
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro and Spotlight CamPosted 8 months ago
- Blackberry KEY2: Don’t call it a comebackPosted 8 months ago
- Glowstone – Heated Smart MugPosted 9 months ago
Gartner Shares Smartphone Stats: Samsung Falling, Apple and Xiaomi on the Rise
According to Gartner Inc., a research company, global sales of mobile phones to end users were tedious in the 3rd quarter of 2014. Though, sales of smartphones to end users grew by an amazing 20.3% to reach 301 million units.
Interestingly, the sales of what we can a ‘feature phone’ seen a nosedive of 25% in the 3rd quarter of 2014. The main factor behind this decline is the difference in price between the feature phone compared to that of a low-cost Android smartphone. Feature phones are devices under the low end mobile phone category, they come basic with respect to capabilities compared to a smartphone. In the 3rd quarter of 2014 smartphones sales have an overall 66% of the total mobile phone market share. Gartner Inc., keeping in view the growth factor and trends, estimates that by 2018, smartphones will hold 90% of total mobile phone shares.
As for the regional outlook, emerging markets showed the highest growths ever recorded with Eastern Europe, Middle East, and Africa; which is also on track in achieving the record increase in the third quarter of 2014 with sales of smartphones growing almost 50% year-over-year.
Among the developed markets, the U.S. is on the rise achieving the highest growth with an 18.9% increase in the third quarter of 2014, boosted by the launch of the iPhones 6 and 6 Plus. Western Europe has seen a weakening growth of 5.2%, the third successive drop this year.
The company further stated that in the coming holiday season, they are expecting record sales of the Apple twins, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus. But further mentioning the Chinese powerhouse tech companies and local brands, the sales will continue to rise in their expansion program in other overseas emerging countries as well. In Europe, prepaid countries and the appealing low-cost LTE phones will also extend vital openings for Chinese and other local brands.
Gartner anticipates that the sales of smartphones to reach 1.2 billion units for 2014.
Take a look at the following tables to find out where the best brands are standing after the 3rd Quarter of the current year. Also covers the market share of the different operating systems of the major brands.