- Kodak Ektra SmartphonePosted 1 week ago
- Square Jellyfish MountsPosted 1 week ago
- PRO Shop World – PRO Power Ping Pong PaddlePosted 1 week ago
- Caudabe iPhone X CasesPosted 1 week ago
- SharkBanz 2Posted 1 week ago
- Beyerdynamic DT 240 PRO HeadphonesPosted 1 week ago
- Fitbit IonicPosted 1 week ago
- Drifter Grooming – Products for Men!Posted 1 week ago
- Pillsy – Smart Pill BottlePosted 1 week ago
- Shadetree SunglassesPosted 1 week ago
- ESET Internet SecurityPosted 1 month ago
- Tuck: The Ultimate Comfort CompanionPosted 1 month ago
- Mountain Hard Wear – Winter Collection 2018Posted 1 month ago
- People Footwear – The Jasper BootPosted 1 month ago
- Roku ExpressPosted 1 month ago
- Oval – Smart SensorPosted 1 month ago
- Death Wish CoffeePosted 3 months ago
- Toad and Co. ClothingPosted 3 months ago
- Brush Hero – The ultimate cleaning toolPosted 3 months ago
- Blackberry MotionPosted 3 months ago
Beer Tasting Notes
“Beer’s intellectual. What a shame so many idiots drink it.” – Ray Bradbury
Flavour: malt (2) hops (2)
($) suggestions: Old Yorke Fish n' Chips n' Flying Monkeys' Hoptical Illusion
($$) suggestions: Barque Smoked Wings and Beau's Lug Tread
About: This is the beverage sought when the weather turns warm and you have the time or desire to throw back more than one; pairs with anything and is well-suited to quench a calm or even aggressive thirst... ends clean.
India Pale Ale
Flavour: malt (2) hops (5)
($) suggestions: Curry Twist's Butter Chicken and Muskoka Mad Tom IPA
($$) suggestions: Oro's Lamb Rack and Black Oak's Ten Bitter Years Imperial IPA
About: For many beer enthusiasts, the IPA is the holy grail of ales in the west, particularly in the craft market. Its fiercely bitter finish is not for the frail but once a taste has been acquired there is nary a better way to begin any meal... or bender.
Flavour: malt (3) hops (3)
($) suggestions: The Stockyards' BLT and Radeberger Pilsner
($$) suggestions: Hopgoode Foodliner's Crab and Steamwhistle
About: The pilsner- to me- is an old friend I’ll never betray. I’ve never had a bad one and never will...the balance struck in most every glass and bottle is difficult to displease. It is recommended this beer be drunk in a bar, alone, as it is considered by many to be a habit of good taste and judgement. Enjoy with all food.
Flavour: malt (3) hops (4)
($) suggestions: Bas Isabel's Tapas and Barking Squirrel Lager
($$) suggestions: Harbour 60's Filet Mignon and Mill St. Organic Lager
About: As the most widely consumed style of brew in the world, the lager has become the flash card portrait of beer for many of those just coming of age. It is darker and more flavourful than a pale ale; completely satisfying and usually without controversy.
Flavour: malt (4) hops (3)
($) suggestions: Grand Electric Baja Fish Tacos and Kensington's Watermelon Wheat
($$) suggestions: La Fromagerie Cheese and Chimay White Cap
About: Yeast dominates the flavour and colour profile of this prairie libation. It’s more of an acquired taste than even an IPA but delicious if you’re able to appreciate the complexity. In contrast to popular opinion- and the fruit usually served on the side- it is not exclusive to women.
Flavour: malt (4) hops (2)
($) suggestions: Paul and Sandy's Hickory Brisket Sandwich and Smithwick’s Red Ale
($$) suggestions: Scaramouche's Duck and First Draft 1812 Butler's Bitters
About: I believe this beer to be not for regular consumption, but rather those cool autumn nights in advance of a warm meal or woman. The malted caramel inherent in every amber glass will be enough to put you in the mood for most any appetite.
Flavour: malt (5) hops (3)
($) suggestions: The Black Hoof's Charcuterie and Brooklyn Dry Irish Stout
($$) suggestions: Oyster Boy's Raw Oysters and Bellwoods' Brett Barrel-Aged Sour Stout
About: Chalked full of malted wheat and barley, this rich beer will often finish boldly with notes of coffee or chocolate; able to satisfy both thirst and hunger simultaneously. I often pair one stout with another...but never more than two per sitting.