- Heshi Designer SocksPosted 1 month ago
- FLXCUF – Roll them sleeves right!Posted 1 month ago
- Gantri – Designer 3D Printed LightsPosted 1 month ago
- Gaze Lab Wireless Charging AccessoriesPosted 2 months ago
- Earin m2 earphonesPosted 2 months ago
- Som SleepPosted 2 months ago
- Origaudio Wrapsody Bluetooth EarphonesPosted 2 months ago
- Tmbr SunglassesPosted 4 months ago
- Google Pixel 3 and 3XL – Three times the charm!Posted 4 months ago
- Moshi – Premium Accessories and PeripheralsPosted 4 months ago
- Tap – Wearable Keyboard and MousePosted 4 months ago
- Botta-Design TRES 24 Titan WatchPosted 5 months ago
- Fall Gear Guide 2018Posted 5 months ago
- Arc’teryx Fall 2018Posted 5 months ago
- Ionbox 20m – Negative Ion GeneratorPosted 7 months ago
- Must Have Summer Essentials 2018Posted 7 months ago
- Tp-link Deco M5 – A secure home mesh Wi-Fi systemPosted 7 months ago
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro and Spotlight CamPosted 9 months ago
- Blackberry KEY2: Don’t call it a comebackPosted 9 months ago
- Glowstone – Heated Smart MugPosted 9 months ago
Live on the Edge: Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
The tech giant Samsung revealed the next generation of Galaxy smartphones series at the Mobile World Congress 2015 – the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 edge. Samsung appears to be satisfied with the market response of the limited edition of Galaxy Note Edge success and will be keeping the “edged” gadgets for a while now.
Samsung Galaxy S6 duet has been in the leaks and rumors for quite some time for the last 1 month or so and most of the specs were already known much before the official launch.
The new Galaxy S6 series – The next generation is the arrival of the metal frame and goodbye to the previous series of all-plastic shell. The new blend of materials mechanism is well indeed and the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge are perhaps the most beautiful of the Galaxy smartphones to date. This time around the Galaxy S6 isn’t dust and water proof though.
Samsung Galaxy S6 structure is a 5.1″ Super AMOLED screen with Quad HD resolution rising to a new level of amazing 577 ppi density. It is protected by the latest Corning Gorilla Glass 4. The hardware Home key once again doubles as fingerprint sensor and supports the new Samsung Pay service.
Samsung Pay relies on NFC and Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) for mobile payments. It has already been certified by Visa, MasterCard, and Samsung is employing key partners worldwide to participate in the service, including American Express, Bank of America, Citi, JPMorgan Chase, and U.S. Bank.
Unlike the Galaxy Note Edge, the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge has the display glass bent on both sides of the phone. While the curve isn’t as inspiring as on the Note Edge, being curved on both sides makes it feel like a totally different smartphone. The Samsung S6 Edge 5.1″ Super AMOLED display also operates at Quad HD resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 pixels. It is protected by a curved Corning Gorilla Glass 4, too.
The rumors turned right and Samsung chose not to opt for the Snapdragon 810 chip, probably due to the overhearing issues. So, the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge are powered by the company’s Exynos 7420, built on a 14nm process and thus more energy-efficient and producing less heat compared to 20nm Snapdragon 810.
The Exynos 7420 chip offers much similar processor to the Snapdragon 810 – an octa-core 64-bit CPU with four Cortex-A57 cores ticking at 2.1GHz and four Cortex-A53 clocked at 1.5GHz and comes with 3GB of RAM. Samsung Galaxy S6 duo comes with a new ISOCELL camera sensor with 16MP resolution. The camera is enhanced with optical image stabilization, phase detection autofocus and has a single-LED flash. Quite expectedly, 4K video recording is supported. The front camera is 5MP, capable of 1080p video capturing.
The new Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge feature 32GB / 64GB / 128GB storage, non-expandable though. The all-round connectivity package includes LTE Cat.6, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS with GLONASS and Beidou, IR blaster and FM radio. The Galaxy S6 is powered by a 2,550 mAh battery, while the Galaxy S6 edge has a 2,600 mAh unit.
Finally, the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge run on Android 5.0 Lollipop enhanced with the latest TouchWiz UI with Material design and cleaner interface. The TouchWiz on the Galaxy S6 Edge offers various features and apps working on the edges of the display, including a newer and better version of the Quick Glance info for the lock screen. This time around Samsung has partnered with Microsoft, instead of Dropbox, and will be offering 115GB OneDrive storage for 2 years to each Galaxy S6 user.
Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge will launch on April 10 in 20 markets, followed soon by even more countries in May. The Galaxy S6 will be available in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Blue Topaz, while you will be able to get the Galaxy S6 edge in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, and Green Emerald. The pricing is yet to be unveiled by the company.