- Blackberry KEYone Black EditionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Nomad Cases for the iPhone 8 and XPosted 3 weeks ago
- Alpine Division – Timberline II backpackPosted 3 weeks ago
- Blockhead by TenonedesignPosted 3 weeks ago
- iKeyp Pro Smart SafePosted 3 weeks ago
- Popuband – Smart UkulelePosted 3 weeks ago
- Grayl Ultralight water purifier bottlePosted 3 weeks ago
- Eero BeaconPosted 3 weeks ago
- Waylens HorizonPosted 3 weeks ago
- The Other Danish Guy UnderwearPosted 3 weeks ago
- Belly Armor’s Radiashield Boxer BriefsPosted 2 months ago
- The Travel HaloPosted 2 months ago
- Search and State S1-J Riding JacketPosted 2 months ago
- SWIMS Barry ChukkaPosted 2 months ago
- Woest Athletics Workout CapriPosted 2 months ago
- Tile Sport Bluetooth TrackerPosted 2 months ago
- Mugsy JeansPosted 2 months ago
- Caddy-CleanPosted 2 months ago
- Punkt MP01 Mobile PhonePosted 2 months ago
- Dirty Bird Energy SoapPosted 2 months ago
3 Basic Style Tips For Men
Get Style! Finally! Spring is here and alongside warmer weather and patio season comes a mild panic as you try to navigate through the fashion establishment’s trends for what’s in this season.
It’s okay to admit it fellas - we’re all in the same boat here. Rifling through fashion magazines often leaves me shaking my head as I try to figure out how to make outfits remotely suitable for planet earth, let alone my own closet. What’s more important than following the latest trend is feeling comfortable in your own skin, and marking your own type of individuality onto the look of the moment. This credo saves those who are both too lazy or too poor to reinvent their wardrobe every season, and seriously, who isn’t? It also helps you steer away from following trends that are just damn silly (recall the shorts suit trend of last year?).
Aside from massaging the what’s in and what’s out for your own comfort zone, there are a few things you must do every season, and all the time, to make sure you’re in style and fashionable. It has nothing to do with what you’re wearing, but everything to do with how you’re wearing it. To wit:
Tailor Me, Tailor You!
There’s nothing worse in the world of style than sloppiness. Sure, grunge was a thing, but thankfully it’s not anymore which means you have no excuse for wearing clothes that don’t fit properly. Pants should be hemmed. Suit sleeves too. Please don’t buy your dress shirts too short – your wrists want to wear your shirt too! Common sense stuff that isn’t too hard to do. So do it.
Pity the working stiff who goes to work in a suit and has only the sock as his outlet of fashion creativity. I love socks. Stripes, polka dots, splashes of fun colour – go wild! Just make sure the socks you’re wearing are appropriate for what you’re wearing. I’m talking about white gym socks with your suit. No, just don’t.
Shoe’s the Thing!
I could write a PhD dissertation on men’s footwear, but for the interest of brevity and your own boredom I’ll get to the point. Fellas, your shoes tell your story. Do you want your story to be ultra-casual-not-a-care-in-the-world-let’s-grab-a-bud Tevas or I’ve-sort-of-got-it-together scuffed brogues? Unless you’re auditioning for a part in Jesus Christ Superstar, trust me when I say no one wants to read your Birkenstock story. Be deliberate, but choose wisely. I am available for consultations.
Ultimately, much of what many consider stylish or not does amount to personal preference. Unless you’re Jake Gyllenhaal (and if you are, Hi! Huge Fan! Can’t wait for Southpaw!), I’m not much of a beard person. I don’t really like guys in shorts. I prefer solids to patterns. The list goes on, but it goes without saying that I’ve seen many a fine fella rocking all of these looks and more. What makes them stand out from the crowd is a touch of swagger and, of course, the essential fashion staple for any season: a sexy smile.
Feel free to leave a comment below or share some of your own style tips.