- Kodak Ektra SmartphonePosted 2 weeks ago
- Square Jellyfish MountsPosted 2 weeks ago
- PRO Shop World – PRO Power Ping Pong PaddlePosted 2 weeks ago
- Caudabe iPhone X CasesPosted 2 weeks ago
- SharkBanz 2Posted 2 weeks ago
- Beyerdynamic DT 240 PRO HeadphonesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Fitbit IonicPosted 2 weeks ago
- Drifter Grooming – Products for Men!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Pillsy – Smart Pill BottlePosted 2 weeks ago
- Shadetree SunglassesPosted 2 weeks ago
- ESET Internet SecurityPosted 2 months ago
- Tuck: The Ultimate Comfort CompanionPosted 2 months ago
- Mountain Hard Wear – Winter Collection 2018Posted 2 months ago
- People Footwear – The Jasper BootPosted 2 months ago
- Roku ExpressPosted 2 months ago
- Oval – Smart SensorPosted 2 months ago
- Death Wish CoffeePosted 3 months ago
- Toad and Co. ClothingPosted 3 months ago
- Brush Hero – The ultimate cleaning toolPosted 3 months ago
- Blackberry MotionPosted 3 months ago
3 Basic Style Tips For Men
Get Style! Finally! Spring is here and alongside warmer weather and patio season comes a mild panic as you try to navigate through the fashion establishment’s trends for what’s in this season.
It’s okay to admit it fellas - we’re all in the same boat here. Rifling through fashion magazines often leaves me shaking my head as I try to figure out how to make outfits remotely suitable for planet earth, let alone my own closet. What’s more important than following the latest trend is feeling comfortable in your own skin, and marking your own type of individuality onto the look of the moment. This credo saves those who are both too lazy or too poor to reinvent their wardrobe every season, and seriously, who isn’t? It also helps you steer away from following trends that are just damn silly (recall the shorts suit trend of last year?).
Aside from massaging the what’s in and what’s out for your own comfort zone, there are a few things you must do every season, and all the time, to make sure you’re in style and fashionable. It has nothing to do with what you’re wearing, but everything to do with how you’re wearing it. To wit:
Tailor Me, Tailor You!
There’s nothing worse in the world of style than sloppiness. Sure, grunge was a thing, but thankfully it’s not anymore which means you have no excuse for wearing clothes that don’t fit properly. Pants should be hemmed. Suit sleeves too. Please don’t buy your dress shirts too short – your wrists want to wear your shirt too! Common sense stuff that isn’t too hard to do. So do it.
Pity the working stiff who goes to work in a suit and has only the sock as his outlet of fashion creativity. I love socks. Stripes, polka dots, splashes of fun colour – go wild! Just make sure the socks you’re wearing are appropriate for what you’re wearing. I’m talking about white gym socks with your suit. No, just don’t.
Shoe’s the Thing!
I could write a PhD dissertation on men’s footwear, but for the interest of brevity and your own boredom I’ll get to the point. Fellas, your shoes tell your story. Do you want your story to be ultra-casual-not-a-care-in-the-world-let’s-grab-a-bud Tevas or I’ve-sort-of-got-it-together scuffed brogues? Unless you’re auditioning for a part in Jesus Christ Superstar, trust me when I say no one wants to read your Birkenstock story. Be deliberate, but choose wisely. I am available for consultations.
Ultimately, much of what many consider stylish or not does amount to personal preference. Unless you’re Jake Gyllenhaal (and if you are, Hi! Huge Fan! Can’t wait for Southpaw!), I’m not much of a beard person. I don’t really like guys in shorts. I prefer solids to patterns. The list goes on, but it goes without saying that I’ve seen many a fine fella rocking all of these looks and more. What makes them stand out from the crowd is a touch of swagger and, of course, the essential fashion staple for any season: a sexy smile.
Feel free to leave a comment below or share some of your own style tips.