- Ionbox 20m – Negative Ion GeneratorPosted 2 weeks ago
- Must Have Summer Essentials 2018Posted 4 weeks ago
- Tp-link Deco M5 – A secure home mesh Wi-Fi systemPosted 1 month ago
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro and Spotlight CamPosted 2 months ago
- Blackberry KEY2: Don’t call it a comebackPosted 2 months ago
- Glowstone – Heated Smart MugPosted 3 months ago
- Triple Bristle Sonic ToothbrushPosted 3 months ago
- Soap by Jasper MorrisonPosted 3 months ago
- GripbellPosted 3 months ago
- Mountain Hardwear Spring EssentialsPosted 3 months ago
- SleepBlissPosted 3 months ago
- The Ace by DouchebagsPosted 3 months ago
- uHoo Indoor Air Quality SensorPosted 3 months ago
- Velosock – Indoor bike coverPosted 3 months ago
- The Best iPhone X Cases – Round 3Posted 3 months ago
- California Cowboy High Water ShirtPosted 3 months ago
- Victorinox Swiss Army Spectra 2.0 LuggagePosted 3 months ago
- Activ 5 Personal Fitness DevicePosted 4 months ago
- Victorinox Swiss Army I.N.O.X watchPosted 4 months ago
- Bleujour – Kubb Desktop PCPosted 5 months ago
Withings Activité Steel Smartwatch Review
Written by | Darren Zygadlo | @darrenzygadlo
As a society we have grown hungry for information and automation, we want everything to be connected and communicating. We want the products we use to have seamless integration into our lives; to learn from us and us from them. We want to be able to control the things that matter to us with the tap of a button or the launch of an app. Born from this hunger is the desire for our devices to observe what makes us tick – track our motions, our sleep patterns and even what we eat. Then the smart-watch came along. While many of the big players have their hand in the honey pot of this new technology, many offerings are big, clunky and really not all that accurate. Then came the Withings Activité Steel smart-watch.
The Activité steel is not like other smart-watches on the market. It is sleek, modern and sexy and will not foolishly read you minuscule emails or weather details or cost you an arm and a leg to get one. Constructed from 316L stainless steel with chrome hands and double-domed glass, it also features a soft silicone sport strap and 9 different colours for ultimate comfort and versatility. Simply put, it looks like an elegant, expensive and well crafted Swiss watch but does so much more than that!
There’s no charging and no button to press — the Activité Steel automatically tracks everything via patented Connected Movement™ Technology. An analog subdial gives you continuous, clear insights on your daily activity progress while autonomously syncing results in the Health Mate app to provide you with in-depth metrics, personal coaching and more. Also. if you are an extrinsically motivated, the app rewards you with different levels of achievement to give you that extra push.
What really surprised me about this product was its ability to determine the type of activity I was doing without having to select that function on an app or push a button. It knew exactly when I was running, swimming or cycling for how far and how long. I did not have to track or map anything.
Now if all of this hasn’t sold you, would you like to track your sleep patterns? Well it does that too! You can view deep and light sleep, wake ups, and sleep duration and as an added bonus, my personal favourite, you can even set the alarm function and have the watch itself gently vibrate on your arm to wake you. No more beeps, buzzers or bells!
This truly is a smart-watch in a league of it’s own. It’s a smart-watch for people that don’t like smart-watches. It is unassuming and brilliant and does everything you could want from a product like this with ease and accuracy.
Check it out at www.withings.com.