- Blackberry KEYone Black EditionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Nomad Cases for the iPhone 8 and XPosted 3 weeks ago
- Alpine Division – Timberline II backpackPosted 3 weeks ago
- Blockhead by TenonedesignPosted 3 weeks ago
- iKeyp Pro Smart SafePosted 3 weeks ago
- Popuband – Smart UkulelePosted 3 weeks ago
- Grayl Ultralight water purifier bottlePosted 3 weeks ago
- Eero BeaconPosted 3 weeks ago
- Waylens HorizonPosted 3 weeks ago
- The Other Danish Guy UnderwearPosted 3 weeks ago
- Belly Armor’s Radiashield Boxer BriefsPosted 2 months ago
- The Travel HaloPosted 2 months ago
- Search and State S1-J Riding JacketPosted 2 months ago
- SWIMS Barry ChukkaPosted 2 months ago
- Woest Athletics Workout CapriPosted 2 months ago
- Tile Sport Bluetooth TrackerPosted 2 months ago
- Mugsy JeansPosted 2 months ago
- Caddy-CleanPosted 2 months ago
- Punkt MP01 Mobile PhonePosted 2 months ago
- Dirty Bird Energy SoapPosted 2 months ago
Withings Activité Steel Smartwatch Review
Written by | Darren Zygadlo | @darrenzygadlo
As a society we have grown hungry for information and automation, we want everything to be connected and communicating. We want the products we use to have seamless integration into our lives; to learn from us and us from them. We want to be able to control the things that matter to us with the tap of a button or the launch of an app. Born from this hunger is the desire for our devices to observe what makes us tick – track our motions, our sleep patterns and even what we eat. Then the smart-watch came along. While many of the big players have their hand in the honey pot of this new technology, many offerings are big, clunky and really not all that accurate. Then came the Withings Activité Steel smart-watch.
The Activité steel is not like other smart-watches on the market. It is sleek, modern and sexy and will not foolishly read you minuscule emails or weather details or cost you an arm and a leg to get one. Constructed from 316L stainless steel with chrome hands and double-domed glass, it also features a soft silicone sport strap and 9 different colours for ultimate comfort and versatility. Simply put, it looks like an elegant, expensive and well crafted Swiss watch but does so much more than that!
There’s no charging and no button to press — the Activité Steel automatically tracks everything via patented Connected Movement™ Technology. An analog subdial gives you continuous, clear insights on your daily activity progress while autonomously syncing results in the Health Mate app to provide you with in-depth metrics, personal coaching and more. Also. if you are an extrinsically motivated, the app rewards you with different levels of achievement to give you that extra push.
What really surprised me about this product was its ability to determine the type of activity I was doing without having to select that function on an app or push a button. It knew exactly when I was running, swimming or cycling for how far and how long. I did not have to track or map anything.
Now if all of this hasn’t sold you, would you like to track your sleep patterns? Well it does that too! You can view deep and light sleep, wake ups, and sleep duration and as an added bonus, my personal favourite, you can even set the alarm function and have the watch itself gently vibrate on your arm to wake you. No more beeps, buzzers or bells!
This truly is a smart-watch in a league of it’s own. It’s a smart-watch for people that don’t like smart-watches. It is unassuming and brilliant and does everything you could want from a product like this with ease and accuracy.
Check it out at www.withings.com.