- Ring Video Doorbell Pro and Spotlight CamPosted 2 weeks ago
- Blackberry KEY2: Don’t call it a comebackPosted 2 weeks ago
- Glowstone – Heated Smart MugPosted 1 month ago
- Triple Bristle Sonic ToothbrushPosted 1 month ago
- Soap by Jasper MorrisonPosted 1 month ago
- GripbellPosted 1 month ago
- Mountain Hardwear Spring EssentialsPosted 1 month ago
- SleepBlissPosted 1 month ago
- The Ace by DouchebagsPosted 1 month ago
- uHoo Indoor Air Quality SensorPosted 1 month ago
- Velosock – Indoor bike coverPosted 1 month ago
- The Best iPhone X Cases – Round 3Posted 1 month ago
- California Cowboy High Water ShirtPosted 1 month ago
- Victorinox Swiss Army Spectra 2.0 LuggagePosted 1 month ago
- Activ 5 Personal Fitness DevicePosted 2 months ago
- Victorinox Swiss Army I.N.O.X watchPosted 2 months ago
- Bleujour – Kubb Desktop PCPosted 2 months ago
- Ujjaya Balance BottlePosted 2 months ago
- Barehand Gloves by RAWW Co.Posted 2 months ago
- Toad and Co. Spring Collection 2018Posted 2 months ago
Bellroy 3 card phone case for iPhone 6/6s/6s+
Written by | Darren Zygadlo | @darrenzygadlo
When it comes to premium leather products Bellroy has become a household name. They have been designing and manufacturing wallets since 2010 and pride themselves on the principle of ‘carryology’ or designing wallets that make it as easy as possible to access your cards and cash. This founding principal allowed them to extend their scope into crafting a wallet case for the iPhone.
The 3 card case is made from premium full-grain vegetable tanned leather with a soft microfibre lining and chamfered edges. It comes in a variety of colours and is form fitting to the iPhone. The case itself feels premium and is a joy to hold. It provides good all round protection on all corners and conveniently leaves the bottom open to allow docking and the like. It also gives the very slippery iPhone some more grip that it desperately deserves – which is always a plus in my book.
The card functionality of the case is well thought out but unfortunately not executed well. Upon my testing, I found it easy enough to insert the cards and they will stay in there securely but accessing them again was problematic. The design principle is simple, in the bottom slot of the case you insert your two most commonly used cards and at the top, the one you don’t access often. In the middle is a thumb notch for you to nudge your card up or down to slide them out. I admittedly tried and tried again but found at times the cards did not slide out as easy as advertised on their website video. Now don’t get me wrong, if your looking for a case that will hold those cards tight and never want to fear them falling free from the case then this is the product for you. Unfortunately, it did not pass my Starbucks test, where on a busy morning I need to access my cards quickly to avoid the evil villainous looks from those in line.
This is not a deal breaker though, you can still stash some cash on the inner portion of the case and the crew at Bellroy also ingenuously included a slot for a second SIM card – all welcome additions.
At the end of the day, they have made a beautiful case just not one that is perfect as a wallet too.
You can check them out at www.bellroy.com.