- Kodak Ektra SmartphonePosted 1 week ago
- Square Jellyfish MountsPosted 1 week ago
- PRO Shop World – PRO Power Ping Pong PaddlePosted 1 week ago
- Caudabe iPhone X CasesPosted 1 week ago
- SharkBanz 2Posted 1 week ago
- Beyerdynamic DT 240 PRO HeadphonesPosted 1 week ago
- Fitbit IonicPosted 1 week ago
- Drifter Grooming – Products for Men!Posted 1 week ago
- Pillsy – Smart Pill BottlePosted 1 week ago
- Shadetree SunglassesPosted 1 week ago
- ESET Internet SecurityPosted 1 month ago
- Tuck: The Ultimate Comfort CompanionPosted 1 month ago
- Mountain Hard Wear – Winter Collection 2018Posted 1 month ago
- People Footwear – The Jasper BootPosted 1 month ago
- Roku ExpressPosted 1 month ago
- Oval – Smart SensorPosted 1 month ago
- Death Wish CoffeePosted 3 months ago
- Toad and Co. ClothingPosted 3 months ago
- Brush Hero – The ultimate cleaning toolPosted 3 months ago
- Blackberry MotionPosted 3 months ago
Written by | Darren Zygadlo | @darrenzygadlo
With the release of Apple’s ios9, there has been a lot of talk about blue light emitted from digital devices and the harmful impact it can have on humans’ sleep patterns. Gauss, have created their own solution with their own eye-wear designed to protect the eye from retina damaging harmful blue light.
According to recent Harvard research, exposure to light, especially blue light from electronic devices, suppresses the secretion of melatonin, a hormone that influences circadian rhythms, and there’s some experimental evidence (it’s very preliminary) that lower melatonin levels might also have an association with cancer development.
Gauss’ range of glasses can be worn outdoors like regular sunglasses, indoors and even when driving at night. This is made possible by combining a proprietary Blue guard coating with photochromic, high index lenses that block EMI, UV/A and UV/B while automatically changing their colour and opacity from 10 – 75%. Simply put, the self-tinting lenses not only block UV but also harmful blue light.
After wearing the glasses this past week, it is hard to tell if they are having a noticeable effect. They do tint in sunlight like transition glasses and do change the appearance of a traditional blue screen to a warmer yellow but does it make me sleep better? Time will tell.
For those that are concerned about blue light, these are an affordable solution with many different stylings and the ability to transform them into reading glasses at an additional cost.
Check them out at www.gausseyewear.com