- Blackberry KEYone Black EditionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Nomad Cases for the iPhone 8 and XPosted 3 weeks ago
- Alpine Division – Timberline II backpackPosted 3 weeks ago
- Blockhead by TenonedesignPosted 3 weeks ago
- iKeyp Pro Smart SafePosted 3 weeks ago
- Popuband – Smart UkulelePosted 3 weeks ago
- Grayl Ultralight water purifier bottlePosted 3 weeks ago
- Eero BeaconPosted 3 weeks ago
- Waylens HorizonPosted 3 weeks ago
- The Other Danish Guy UnderwearPosted 3 weeks ago
- Belly Armor’s Radiashield Boxer BriefsPosted 1 month ago
- The Travel HaloPosted 1 month ago
- Search and State S1-J Riding JacketPosted 1 month ago
- SWIMS Barry ChukkaPosted 1 month ago
- Woest Athletics Workout CapriPosted 1 month ago
- Tile Sport Bluetooth TrackerPosted 1 month ago
- Mugsy JeansPosted 1 month ago
- Caddy-CleanPosted 2 months ago
- Punkt MP01 Mobile PhonePosted 2 months ago
- Dirty Bird Energy SoapPosted 2 months ago
Written by | Darren Zygadlo | @darrenzygadlo
With the release of Apple’s ios9, there has been a lot of talk about blue light emitted from digital devices and the harmful impact it can have on humans’ sleep patterns. Gauss, have created their own solution with their own eye-wear designed to protect the eye from retina damaging harmful blue light.
According to recent Harvard research, exposure to light, especially blue light from electronic devices, suppresses the secretion of melatonin, a hormone that influences circadian rhythms, and there’s some experimental evidence (it’s very preliminary) that lower melatonin levels might also have an association with cancer development.
Gauss’ range of glasses can be worn outdoors like regular sunglasses, indoors and even when driving at night. This is made possible by combining a proprietary Blue guard coating with photochromic, high index lenses that block EMI, UV/A and UV/B while automatically changing their colour and opacity from 10 – 75%. Simply put, the self-tinting lenses not only block UV but also harmful blue light.
After wearing the glasses this past week, it is hard to tell if they are having a noticeable effect. They do tint in sunlight like transition glasses and do change the appearance of a traditional blue screen to a warmer yellow but does it make me sleep better? Time will tell.
For those that are concerned about blue light, these are an affordable solution with many different stylings and the ability to transform them into reading glasses at an additional cost.
Check them out at www.gausseyewear.com