- Gaze Lab Wireless Charging AccessoriesPosted 5 days ago
- Earin m2 earphonesPosted 5 days ago
- Som SleepPosted 5 days ago
- Origaudio Wrapsody Bluetooth EarphonesPosted 5 days ago
- Tmbr SunglassesPosted 2 months ago
- Google Pixel 3 and 3XL – Three times the charm!Posted 2 months ago
- Moshi – Premium Accessories and PeripheralsPosted 2 months ago
- Tap – Wearable Keyboard and MousePosted 2 months ago
- Botta-Design TRES 24 Titan WatchPosted 3 months ago
- Fall Gear Guide 2018Posted 3 months ago
- Arc’teryx Fall 2018Posted 3 months ago
- Ionbox 20m – Negative Ion GeneratorPosted 4 months ago
- Must Have Summer Essentials 2018Posted 5 months ago
- Tp-link Deco M5 – A secure home mesh Wi-Fi systemPosted 5 months ago
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro and Spotlight CamPosted 6 months ago
- Blackberry KEY2: Don’t call it a comebackPosted 6 months ago
- Glowstone – Heated Smart MugPosted 7 months ago
- Triple Bristle Sonic ToothbrushPosted 7 months ago
- Soap by Jasper MorrisonPosted 7 months ago
- GripbellPosted 7 months ago
Written by | Darren Zygadlo | @darrenzygadlo
With the release of Apple’s ios9, there has been a lot of talk about blue light emitted from digital devices and the harmful impact it can have on humans’ sleep patterns. Gauss, have created their own solution with their own eye-wear designed to protect the eye from retina damaging harmful blue light.
According to recent Harvard research, exposure to light, especially blue light from electronic devices, suppresses the secretion of melatonin, a hormone that influences circadian rhythms, and there’s some experimental evidence (it’s very preliminary) that lower melatonin levels might also have an association with cancer development.
Gauss’ range of glasses can be worn outdoors like regular sunglasses, indoors and even when driving at night. This is made possible by combining a proprietary Blue guard coating with photochromic, high index lenses that block EMI, UV/A and UV/B while automatically changing their colour and opacity from 10 – 75%. Simply put, the self-tinting lenses not only block UV but also harmful blue light.
After wearing the glasses this past week, it is hard to tell if they are having a noticeable effect. They do tint in sunlight like transition glasses and do change the appearance of a traditional blue screen to a warmer yellow but does it make me sleep better? Time will tell.
For those that are concerned about blue light, these are an affordable solution with many different stylings and the ability to transform them into reading glasses at an additional cost.
Check them out at www.gausseyewear.com