- Ionbox 20m – Negative Ion GeneratorPosted 1 month ago
- Must Have Summer Essentials 2018Posted 2 months ago
- Tp-link Deco M5 – A secure home mesh Wi-Fi systemPosted 2 months ago
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro and Spotlight CamPosted 3 months ago
- Blackberry KEY2: Don’t call it a comebackPosted 3 months ago
- Glowstone – Heated Smart MugPosted 4 months ago
- Triple Bristle Sonic ToothbrushPosted 4 months ago
- Soap by Jasper MorrisonPosted 4 months ago
- GripbellPosted 4 months ago
- Mountain Hardwear Spring EssentialsPosted 4 months ago
- SleepBlissPosted 4 months ago
- The Ace by DouchebagsPosted 4 months ago
- uHoo Indoor Air Quality SensorPosted 4 months ago
- Velosock – Indoor bike coverPosted 4 months ago
- The Best iPhone X Cases – Round 3Posted 4 months ago
- California Cowboy High Water ShirtPosted 4 months ago
- Victorinox Swiss Army Spectra 2.0 LuggagePosted 4 months ago
- Activ 5 Personal Fitness DevicePosted 5 months ago
- Victorinox Swiss Army I.N.O.X watchPosted 5 months ago
- Bleujour – Kubb Desktop PCPosted 5 months ago
Oliberté – Fair Trade Certified Shoes
Written by: Darren Zygadlo | Twitter: @darrenzygadlo | Instagram: @onecutreviews
It’s always a welcome change to see a company that is not afraid to give back to the communities where they operate. Oliberté is a sustainable brand supporting workers’ rights in sub-Saharan Africa. They believe in empowerment, transparency, and doing right by all. They manufacture in their own factory in Ethiopia and partner with suppliers, farmers, and craftsmen to produce premium products in Africa. By doing so, they provide opportunity for each country within Africa with the means to grow and support their own people.
Oliberté prides themselves on working with different local businesses, organisations and associations within the African nation to source materials and design of their products. They even reinvest part of their profits back into the creation of more factories and jobs. Through this, they have achieved Fair Trade USA certification, meaning, they meet or exceed standards of empowerment, economic development, social responsibility, and environmental stewardship.
Each pair of Oliberté shoes comes with a lifetime warranty and is constructed using premium cow or goat leathers from local tanneries. Even the rubber in the sole of their shoes is naturally sourced from countries within Africa such as Kenya, Liberia and more. Shoe moulds and tags are also, when possible, sourced and created in their own factory – creating further employment opportunities for the people.
What makes Oliberté shoes special is that because they are a zero waste company and only use animal hide that is hormone and free range, each pair has its own story with the occasional scratch, odd stitching or other traits. Each shoe has a one of a kind feel even with its slight imperfections, they are well made, extremely comfortable and come in a range of different stylings.
You can check them out at www.oliberte.com.