- Blackberry KEYone Black EditionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Nomad Cases for the iPhone 8 and XPosted 3 weeks ago
- Alpine Division – Timberline II backpackPosted 3 weeks ago
- Blockhead by TenonedesignPosted 3 weeks ago
- iKeyp Pro Smart SafePosted 3 weeks ago
- Popuband – Smart UkulelePosted 3 weeks ago
- Grayl Ultralight water purifier bottlePosted 3 weeks ago
- Eero BeaconPosted 3 weeks ago
- Waylens HorizonPosted 3 weeks ago
- The Other Danish Guy UnderwearPosted 3 weeks ago
- Belly Armor’s Radiashield Boxer BriefsPosted 1 month ago
- The Travel HaloPosted 1 month ago
- Search and State S1-J Riding JacketPosted 1 month ago
- SWIMS Barry ChukkaPosted 1 month ago
- Woest Athletics Workout CapriPosted 1 month ago
- Tile Sport Bluetooth TrackerPosted 1 month ago
- Mugsy JeansPosted 1 month ago
- Caddy-CleanPosted 2 months ago
- Punkt MP01 Mobile PhonePosted 2 months ago
- Dirty Bird Energy SoapPosted 2 months ago
Oliberté – Fair Trade Certified Shoes
Written by: Darren Zygadlo | Twitter: @darrenzygadlo | Instagram: @onecutreviews
It’s always a welcome change to see a company that is not afraid to give back to the communities where they operate. Oliberté is a sustainable brand supporting workers’ rights in sub-Saharan Africa. They believe in empowerment, transparency, and doing right by all. They manufacture in their own factory in Ethiopia and partner with suppliers, farmers, and craftsmen to produce premium products in Africa. By doing so, they provide opportunity for each country within Africa with the means to grow and support their own people.
Oliberté prides themselves on working with different local businesses, organisations and associations within the African nation to source materials and design of their products. They even reinvest part of their profits back into the creation of more factories and jobs. Through this, they have achieved Fair Trade USA certification, meaning, they meet or exceed standards of empowerment, economic development, social responsibility, and environmental stewardship.
Each pair of Oliberté shoes comes with a lifetime warranty and is constructed using premium cow or goat leathers from local tanneries. Even the rubber in the sole of their shoes is naturally sourced from countries within Africa such as Kenya, Liberia and more. Shoe moulds and tags are also, when possible, sourced and created in their own factory – creating further employment opportunities for the people.
What makes Oliberté shoes special is that because they are a zero waste company and only use animal hide that is hormone and free range, each pair has its own story with the occasional scratch, odd stitching or other traits. Each shoe has a one of a kind feel even with its slight imperfections, they are well made, extremely comfortable and come in a range of different stylings.
You can check them out at www.oliberte.com.