- Kodak Ektra SmartphonePosted 2 weeks ago
- Square Jellyfish MountsPosted 2 weeks ago
- PRO Shop World – PRO Power Ping Pong PaddlePosted 2 weeks ago
- Caudabe iPhone X CasesPosted 2 weeks ago
- SharkBanz 2Posted 2 weeks ago
- Beyerdynamic DT 240 PRO HeadphonesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Fitbit IonicPosted 2 weeks ago
- Drifter Grooming – Products for Men!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Pillsy – Smart Pill BottlePosted 2 weeks ago
- Shadetree SunglassesPosted 2 weeks ago
- ESET Internet SecurityPosted 2 months ago
- Tuck: The Ultimate Comfort CompanionPosted 2 months ago
- Mountain Hard Wear – Winter Collection 2018Posted 2 months ago
- People Footwear – The Jasper BootPosted 2 months ago
- Roku ExpressPosted 2 months ago
- Oval – Smart SensorPosted 2 months ago
- Death Wish CoffeePosted 3 months ago
- Toad and Co. ClothingPosted 3 months ago
- Brush Hero – The ultimate cleaning toolPosted 3 months ago
- Blackberry MotionPosted 3 months ago
Eero – Wi-Fi that works!
Written by: Darren Zygadlo | Twitter: @darrenzygadlo | Instagram: @onecutreviews
Wi-Fi problems are a common first world issue most of us can relate to. The all so frequent dead zone in the house where no signal can be found or just overall shady connections are not unfamiliar. Ironically Wi-Fi is the foundation to our increasingly connected smart world – light bulbs, cameras and even the washer and dryer rely upon it. Eero wants to change the way we use Wi-Fi.
Most of us 21st century thinking type people have tried to fix our connectivity issues with new routers, range extenders and even the modem router combo, however, most of these are just Band-Aid solutions to a larger problem. Those larger problems seem to be hard to get around – walls, doors, appliances, neighbours’ networks, metal, water (water heaters and fish tanks alike), dogs, anything solid really. So how do we fix it? Simply put, Eero can create multiple access points and create a Wi-Fi network to engulf your home from basement to ceiling. It sounds scary, but it’s actually quite ingenious. Each Eero box is connected to your existing modem, similar to a router, and is comprised of a powerful dual-core 1 GHz CPU, two state-of-the-art 802.11ac Wi-Fi radios, and 5 antennas into a beautiful enclosure that you can hold in the palm of your hand.
With the assistance of the Eero app, you can add as many as you need to cover your home and they automatically connect to each other wirelessly. The additional Eero units simply need power and before you know it you have created a more efficient connected W-Fi network. A set of three will cover the average home (2,000 – 4,000 sq. ft.), but the beauty of Eero is that you can expand your system to cover any home, regardless of its size or shape
The app itself also enables you to have greater control and manage your network from the palm of your hand. You can see how many devices are connected, speeds you are getting, enact parental controls and you can even share your network with guests – very easily.
What surprised me the most about this technology was just how easy it was to set up, the app guides you through install and before you know it – you are connected. In my own experience, I also found that I was gaining much better web browsing and download speeds thanks to dual band broadcast technology built in, however this is network dependent.
Eero may have just fixed Wi-Fi forever. Its simple, it’s beautiful and it works. What else is there to say? Check them out at www.eero.com.