- Razer Phone 2 – With great power comes great responsibility!Posted 4 months ago
- Gear Diary Spring 2019Posted 4 months ago
- Cuts Clothing – A Cut above the Rest!Posted 4 months ago
- N-Range – Boost Your Cell Signal!Posted 4 months ago
- Heshi Designer SocksPosted 7 months ago
- FLXCUF – Roll them sleeves right!Posted 7 months ago
- Gantri – Designer 3D Printed LightsPosted 7 months ago
- Gaze Lab Wireless Charging AccessoriesPosted 8 months ago
- Earin m2 earphonesPosted 8 months ago
- Som SleepPosted 8 months ago
- Origaudio Wrapsody Bluetooth EarphonesPosted 8 months ago
- Tmbr SunglassesPosted 10 months ago
- Google Pixel 3 and 3XL – Three times the charm!Posted 10 months ago
- Moshi – Premium Accessories and PeripheralsPosted 10 months ago
- Tap – Wearable Keyboard and MousePosted 10 months ago
- Botta-Design TRES 24 Titan WatchPosted 11 months ago
- Fall Gear Guide 2018Posted 11 months ago
- Arc’teryx Fall 2018Posted 11 months ago
- Ionbox 20m – Negative Ion GeneratorPosted 1 year ago
- Must Have Summer Essentials 2018Posted 1 year ago
Fjallraven – Kyl Parka
Written by: Darren Zygadlo | Twitter: @darrenzygadlo | Instagram: @onecutreviews
Winter is coming! As we lock down the hatches and rug up the children, one thing every Winter warrior needs is a good Winter coat. I’m not talking the cheap off the rack types you buy for $99 and are made of partly flammable materials, I mean a down filled Weather fighting warm hug that will keep you protected from the elements. Fjallraven’s Kyl Parka is one of the many offerings this Swedish company has crafted to beat down the monstrous cold.
After being in the industry for over half a century, Fjallraven has continued to produce innovative, functional products which are appreciated by generations of outdoor enthusiasts across the world – and which have also received several distinguished awards over the years. Their products are sold in over 20 countries and include everything from clothing, tents, sleeping bags and other outdoor equipment that can be used, loved and worn over many years of adventures.
They are also a company with a refreshing social conscience – as an outdoor company, with many employees who themselves love being outdoors, they are constantly striving to improve processes, select suitable raw materials and decrease their consumption of water, energy and chemicals in their production processes.
Their Kyl Parka is an excellent demonstration of their experience in this industry. A practical winter garment when the weather is changeable, it is made from weather resistant 100% polyamide and features 80% goose down and 20% featherdown padding that warms even in extreme cold while the Hydratic® membrane keeps sleet and rain out. The fixed hood has a three-way adjustment and is lined with soft fleece. There is a ribbed collar at the neck. There is also a detachable fur edging around the face and a reflective band on the back of the hood.
Another thing every Winter coat needs is practical pockets and the Kyl parka is not short of these. The jacket includes two large top-loading pockets with two fleece-lined hand warming pockets. There are two large mesh pockets inside and two inner pockets, one with a zipper and the other with a press button. The jacket opening features a two-way zipper with protective flap, Velcro and press buttons. There is also a convenient drawcord at the back of the waist and hem and sleeve cuffs with Velcro adjustments and inner elasticated cuffs with thumb holes.
Fjallraven has constructed a high-quality parka with the Kyl. It feels premium, is built to last but more importantly is very warm. If you are someone who likes their Winter coats to have a little heft and resultantly want to feel toasty in the coldest of temperatures, then you need to check out their collection at www.fjallraven.com.