- Kodak Ektra SmartphonePosted 1 week ago
- Square Jellyfish MountsPosted 1 week ago
- PRO Shop World – PRO Power Ping Pong PaddlePosted 1 week ago
- Caudabe iPhone X CasesPosted 1 week ago
- SharkBanz 2Posted 1 week ago
- Beyerdynamic DT 240 PRO HeadphonesPosted 1 week ago
- Fitbit IonicPosted 1 week ago
- Drifter Grooming – Products for Men!Posted 1 week ago
- Pillsy – Smart Pill BottlePosted 1 week ago
- Shadetree SunglassesPosted 1 week ago
- ESET Internet SecurityPosted 1 month ago
- Tuck: The Ultimate Comfort CompanionPosted 1 month ago
- Mountain Hard Wear – Winter Collection 2018Posted 1 month ago
- People Footwear – The Jasper BootPosted 1 month ago
- Roku ExpressPosted 1 month ago
- Oval – Smart SensorPosted 1 month ago
- Death Wish CoffeePosted 3 months ago
- Toad and Co. ClothingPosted 3 months ago
- Brush Hero – The ultimate cleaning toolPosted 3 months ago
- Blackberry MotionPosted 3 months ago
La Colombe Coffee
Written by: Darren Zygadlo | Twitter: @darrenzygadlo | Instagram: @onecutreviews
When was the last time you really had a good cup of coffee? And I don’t mean the garbage sold at popular coffee chains. The problem is, most of us probably couldn’t answer that question because we have never tried a true authentic coffee. Borrowing on ancient and modern coffee traditions from around the world, La Colombe set out with a simple philosophy, give America a better cup of coffee and do it by sourcing and roasting with care and mastering the craft of roasting.
La Colombe stands tall in the coffee industry by fostering proactive, long-term relationships with small-holder farms and socially responsible coffee-growing associations. They work directly with farmers to create mutually beneficial partnerships and support the livelihoods of coffee-producing communities. In addition, they also support, nurture, and enhance the local neighborhoods that are home to their cafes.
So how good is their coffee you ask? Well, we were first introduced to their Draft latte, served cold, it is made with real ingredients like nutrient–rich, hormone–free milk from humanely treated cows and cold-pressed Nizza blend espresso. The taste pleasantly surprised us, it was refreshing with a full flavor and even had a frothy layer of milk on top thanks to what La Colombe calls their Inno-valve that combines the milk and coffee together perfectly.
We also had the opportunity to try their Rwanda whole bean coffee blend with its bright lime citrus notes and smooth and sweet taste of raisin. One thing we appreciated was that with each coffee variety, you get to learn more about the story of the bean. This blend is courtesy of the Dukunde Kawa Cooperative, in Rwanda where their farmers, comprised mostly of women, cultivate this variety on Gakenke District’s verdant slopes in northern Rwanda. It’s high altitude and two annual periods of rainfall, have a micro-climate that creates a distinct, complex flavour and one that is notably our best tasting cup of coffee we may have ever had.
La Colombe, know real coffee and pride themselves on promoting sustainability and giving back to those communities that helped cultivate the bean and that is a message we can get behind. For coffee lovers everywhere, forgo your mass produced, watered down local chains and get some real coffee today.
Check them out at www.lacolombe.com.