- Blackberry KEYone Black EditionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Nomad Cases for the iPhone 8 and XPosted 3 weeks ago
- Alpine Division – Timberline II backpackPosted 3 weeks ago
- Blockhead by TenonedesignPosted 3 weeks ago
- iKeyp Pro Smart SafePosted 3 weeks ago
- Popuband – Smart UkulelePosted 3 weeks ago
- Grayl Ultralight water purifier bottlePosted 3 weeks ago
- Eero BeaconPosted 3 weeks ago
- Waylens HorizonPosted 3 weeks ago
- The Other Danish Guy UnderwearPosted 3 weeks ago
- Belly Armor’s Radiashield Boxer BriefsPosted 2 months ago
- The Travel HaloPosted 2 months ago
- Search and State S1-J Riding JacketPosted 2 months ago
- SWIMS Barry ChukkaPosted 2 months ago
- Woest Athletics Workout CapriPosted 2 months ago
- Tile Sport Bluetooth TrackerPosted 2 months ago
- Mugsy JeansPosted 2 months ago
- Caddy-CleanPosted 2 months ago
- Punkt MP01 Mobile PhonePosted 2 months ago
- Dirty Bird Energy SoapPosted 2 months ago
Mava – Cross training, Workout, and Weight Lifting Gear
Written by: Darren Zygadlo | Twitter: @darrenzygadlo | Instagram: @onecutreviews
Mava is a company that was born from frustration with current fitness accessories that exist on the market, ones that could never quite fit the bill when it came to the right combination of comfort, durability, and safety. They sought to create something that they could rely on to push their bodies to their full potential. What originally started as a workout glove, has now expanded to Knee Wraps, Knee Sleeves, and Wrist Wraps to best protect your body from injuries.
The company itself has a simple philosophy when it comes to their products, they believe in responsible workouts which means ensuring you’re fully protected against injuries and with a full 30 day, no questions asked money back guarantee, we knew we had to try what they had to offer for you our loyal readers and to cut to the chase – these products are not just good but great!
We first tried their Silicone padded gloves, unlike your conventional workout glove, your hand is mostly exposed and is fastened by a powerful Velcro wrist wrap and snug neoprene finger holes complete with a textured palm pad. The palm pad itself does provide excellent grip, especially when doing bicep curls and the neoprene is very breathable and does not get slippery like leather. We really like the freedom of not having the hand fully constricted, but we do wish there was more padding in the palm area itself, despite what was advertised, as it does sit close the skin and can lead to some soreness over a 2-hour workout or after many lifts.
Secondly, where the classic knee sleeves, which according to Mava has been tested by professional athletes. First impressions were excellent, these are much thicker than the generic brand bought at Walmart and that is a good thing. At 7mm thick, these things provide some serious compression and support and never felt like a hindrance. They are made very well and sit on the knee in just the right spots and overall, we felt less fatigue and tightness after wearing these both during a run and throughout our regular lifting regime.
In the same breath, we also tried their calf sleeves which bring a completely different experience. Offering both stability and support, The Mava calf sleeves feature a breathable, moisture-wicking design that helps reduce inflammation and promote blood circulation and muscle recovery. That extra support for both calf and shin also brings increased vertical jump power, which we attest to your calf muscle being compressed and therefore your mind thinking it needs to push harder to activate, hence better performance. Having said that, this is a welcome addition to our ball game.
Mava has designed and created some serious gear for those who want more from their fitness products and in a throw-a-way world where things are expandable, these feel as though they are built to last and keep performing and this is a welcome change. Get yours at www.mavasports.com.