- Blackberry KEYone Black EditionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Nomad Cases for the iPhone 8 and XPosted 3 weeks ago
- Alpine Division – Timberline II backpackPosted 3 weeks ago
- Blockhead by TenonedesignPosted 3 weeks ago
- iKeyp Pro Smart SafePosted 3 weeks ago
- Popuband – Smart UkulelePosted 3 weeks ago
- Grayl Ultralight water purifier bottlePosted 3 weeks ago
- Eero BeaconPosted 3 weeks ago
- Waylens HorizonPosted 3 weeks ago
- The Other Danish Guy UnderwearPosted 3 weeks ago
- Belly Armor’s Radiashield Boxer BriefsPosted 2 months ago
- The Travel HaloPosted 2 months ago
- Search and State S1-J Riding JacketPosted 2 months ago
- SWIMS Barry ChukkaPosted 2 months ago
- Woest Athletics Workout CapriPosted 2 months ago
- Tile Sport Bluetooth TrackerPosted 2 months ago
- Mugsy JeansPosted 2 months ago
- Caddy-CleanPosted 2 months ago
- Punkt MP01 Mobile PhonePosted 2 months ago
- Dirty Bird Energy SoapPosted 2 months ago
Mondo by Botta Design
Written by: Darren Zygadlo | Twitter: @darrenzygadlo | Instagram: @onecutreviews
Made with travelers in mind, the Mondo by Botta Design wants to change the way you think about your wristwatch by giving you the ability to tell the time in a different time zone, perfect for the real sea, land, or air warriors.
Known as a dual-time zone watch, the Mondo shows the local time zone in the twelve-hour format, plus another time zone of your choice in the 24-hour format. This is made possible by using not two but three watch hands. The outer 24-hour display is based on the one-hand principle, whereby the user takes a more relaxed approach to their notion of time. An artificial horizon divides the watch face and 24-hour ring into a (lighter) day half and a (darker) night half. The discreet hand for the second time-zone completes one full rotation every 24 hours, thereby showing clearly how far the day in another part of the world has progressed.
Quality wise, Botta has yet again nailed the aesthetics of the watch with its flat stainless-steel discs like 40mm casing with sloped edges and genuine leather watch strap that slots itself underneath the housing giving a beautiful seamless appearance. Powered by Swiss-made Ronda quartz movement coupled with scratch-proof sapphire glass and a special coating added to the steel, this produces a very sexy transparent bluish shimmer that must be seen.
In a world of smartwatches, there is still something tangible about a traditional high-quality wristwatch that seems to ooze class and presence when you wear it on your wrist to be seen; that is just the thing – this watch is meant to be worn, to accompany a good suit on a night out with the lady, and, if you buy into Klaus Botta the designer of Mondo’ “form follows function” principle then you don’t need to add any more complexity to your day to day life and we should appreciate the value of tradition. A principle we can get behind.
Get yours at www.botta-design.de.