- Heshi Designer SocksPosted 4 weeks ago
- FLXCUF – Roll them sleeves right!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Gantri – Designer 3D Printed LightsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Gaze Lab Wireless Charging AccessoriesPosted 2 months ago
- Earin m2 earphonesPosted 2 months ago
- Som SleepPosted 2 months ago
- Origaudio Wrapsody Bluetooth EarphonesPosted 2 months ago
- Tmbr SunglassesPosted 4 months ago
- Google Pixel 3 and 3XL – Three times the charm!Posted 4 months ago
- Moshi – Premium Accessories and PeripheralsPosted 4 months ago
- Tap – Wearable Keyboard and MousePosted 4 months ago
- Botta-Design TRES 24 Titan WatchPosted 5 months ago
- Fall Gear Guide 2018Posted 5 months ago
- Arc’teryx Fall 2018Posted 5 months ago
- Ionbox 20m – Negative Ion GeneratorPosted 6 months ago
- Must Have Summer Essentials 2018Posted 7 months ago
- Tp-link Deco M5 – A secure home mesh Wi-Fi systemPosted 7 months ago
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro and Spotlight CamPosted 8 months ago
- Blackberry KEY2: Don’t call it a comebackPosted 8 months ago
- Glowstone – Heated Smart MugPosted 9 months ago
Mountain Hard Wear – Winter Collection 2018
Written by: Darren Zygadlo | Twitter: @darrenzygadlo | Instagram: @onecutreviews
Finding the right Winter coat can sometimes be challenging in the seemingly un-endless abyss that is Winter wear. With different stylings, weights fill and technology being used, it is not hard to feel overwhelmed when it comes to buying that one item that will protect you from the elements. Mountain Hard Wear take a different approach when it comes to their line of Winter gear, they create performance apparel that is purposefully designed to fulfill form and function, and this could not be truer with their Winter 2018 collection.
With a focus on creating products using only the highest quality materials, Mountain Hard Wear, prioritizes the fit, weather protection, temperature regulation and moisture management when it comes to suit the needs of their “outdoor” athletes’ outerwear. Simply put, they want us to enjoy the outdoors.
With a range of Winter gear ranging from base layers, thermal-wear and gloves, Mountain Hard Wear wants to protect you from the elements, and that first line of defense starts with the Winter Coat. We were given the opportunity to review a male and female variant of their best sellers.
First up, was – the Men’s StretchDown Hooded Jacket, this Responsible Down Certified offering provides a unique insulated hood that is as warm as the coat itself. The lightweight but warm construction is made from a dynamic stretch knit 100% matte finish polyester exterior with a 750 Q-shield down fill which is infused with a permanent water repellent to keep insulating even when wet. It also features a very smart dual sided hem adjustment for a closer to body fit and zippered hand pockets for safer storage if needed. One thing we really appreciated with the stretch down was its more athletic fit which is uncommon for a down jacket, however, if you are planning to layer up, we would recommend sizing up. One criticism though would have to be the gigantic ugly flap pocket on the breast, it is just unsightly and could have been better suited on the inside of the coat.
Lastly, was the – Women’s Thermacity Parka, this stylish offering features an innovative no-sew 3 channel weave polyester outer shell with ThermicAerio stitch free down insulation that channels warmth with incredible comfort. As a Responsible Down Certified product, it also includes many interior and exterior pockets for storing gloves, scarves, and the other Winter essentials as well as a very useful and secure, cozy zippered handwarmer pockets. Our female reviewer here at One Cut claimed that the construction was impeccable, and the Thermacity Parka was cozy warm. She also remarked at how versatile it was as both as an evening jacket or for busting to and from the grocery store. However, once again, the fit ran small and users should size up for both the width and to ensure adequate sleeve length.
Mountain Hard Wear has been in the apparel game for almost two decades and know how to construct gear for all outdoor adventure seekers. With premium construction and a responsible approach to their outerwear, they are worth considering if you are in the business of making mother nature your b**ch this season.
Get yours at www.mountainhardwear.com.