- Gaze Lab Wireless Charging AccessoriesPosted 5 days ago
- Earin m2 earphonesPosted 5 days ago
- Som SleepPosted 5 days ago
- Origaudio Wrapsody Bluetooth EarphonesPosted 5 days ago
- Tmbr SunglassesPosted 2 months ago
- Google Pixel 3 and 3XL – Three times the charm!Posted 2 months ago
- Moshi – Premium Accessories and PeripheralsPosted 2 months ago
- Tap – Wearable Keyboard and MousePosted 2 months ago
- Botta-Design TRES 24 Titan WatchPosted 3 months ago
- Fall Gear Guide 2018Posted 3 months ago
- Arc’teryx Fall 2018Posted 3 months ago
- Ionbox 20m – Negative Ion GeneratorPosted 4 months ago
- Must Have Summer Essentials 2018Posted 5 months ago
- Tp-link Deco M5 – A secure home mesh Wi-Fi systemPosted 5 months ago
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro and Spotlight CamPosted 6 months ago
- Blackberry KEY2: Don’t call it a comebackPosted 6 months ago
- Glowstone – Heated Smart MugPosted 7 months ago
- Triple Bristle Sonic ToothbrushPosted 7 months ago
- Soap by Jasper MorrisonPosted 7 months ago
- GripbellPosted 7 months ago
Bleujour – Kubb Desktop PC
Written by: Darren Zygadlo | Twitter: @darrenzygadlo | Instagram: @onecutreviews
Just over a decade ago, the mention of a desktop computer conjured up images of big unwieldy towers of plastic with floppy drives, flashing lights and a hum that would often sound like the thing was about to take off at any given point. While we have come quite a way since then, there are not many companies bringing style and sophistication to the home or office desktop computing configuration; that was until we got the chance to experience Kubb.
Built by French company Bleujour, Kubb is unlike anything we have seen before in this space. The unique 12cm iconic cubic shape leaves a tiny footprint that wields some serious power. With the companies’ sights set on incorporating the best of computing technology – quick start up, performance, silence and low power consumption, Bleujour didn’t want their Kubb PC to be some flash in the pan and it’s gone experiment, they set out to design something that embodies the pursuit of style and aestheticism.
Each Kubb is made of two parts, both 100% manufactured in France: a baseplate and an interchangeable shell. Each shell is individually laser cut, handmade and comes in some very interesting finishes including – graphite, quartz, wood and even a mirrored finish, there truly is something for everyone to like here. However, the question remains is this thing all beauty and no brains?
The answer is No! In fact, the Kubb run Windows 10 Pro out of the box and is powered by the latest 7th generation Intel Core i5 or i7 processors with storage (128GB to 1TB), memory (8GB to 16GB) and graphics (Intel HD4400 – 5000). The on-board Wireless technology additionally enables you to connect with ease and thanks to the inclusion of Bluetooth, it can also be directly linked to your other devices such as smartphones, tablets and printers. There is also a plethora of connectivity options to optimize data transfer between your various external peripherals, including a USB 2.0, 3.0 and USB type C port. There is a convenient mini display and HDMI port for connecting HD monitor and displays, a very welcome LAN port and two very powerful external Wi-Fi/Bluetooth antennas.
We were fortunate enough to try the i5 8gb 256gb graphite variant and we will admit that this thing is a beast and has replaced our old tired desktop workhorse. We love how compact the Kubb is, it is unassumingly sexy and can blend into any workspace or home office instead of dominating it. Now, it is worth mentioning that when you purchase one of these units, you get the PC and not much else, so to keep new design aesthetic, you may have to splurge for a new monitor, keyboard and mouse but thanks to Amazon.ca we managed to create the ultimate wireless set up complete with a full HD LED screen for about $300 dollars.
Another thing that really surprised us is just how whisper quiet this thing is, we sometimes wondered if it was turned on at all. Even when we pushed the processor to its limits, it still stood steadfastly quiet with a dull hum and remained cool as a cucumber.
As they say, good things come in small packages and the Kubb PC by Bleujour is an absolute powerhouse. It is brilliantly made and quite striking, it outperforms every other computer we have tried in 2018 and features all the future proof connectivity and specs that one would want for the home or workplace and for that, they have won our One Cut Product of the Month for May.
Get yours at www.bleujour.com