- Heshi Designer SocksPosted 1 month ago
- FLXCUF – Roll them sleeves right!Posted 1 month ago
- Gantri – Designer 3D Printed LightsPosted 1 month ago
- Gaze Lab Wireless Charging AccessoriesPosted 2 months ago
- Earin m2 earphonesPosted 2 months ago
- Som SleepPosted 2 months ago
- Origaudio Wrapsody Bluetooth EarphonesPosted 2 months ago
- Tmbr SunglassesPosted 4 months ago
- Google Pixel 3 and 3XL – Three times the charm!Posted 4 months ago
- Moshi – Premium Accessories and PeripheralsPosted 4 months ago
- Tap – Wearable Keyboard and MousePosted 4 months ago
- Botta-Design TRES 24 Titan WatchPosted 5 months ago
- Fall Gear Guide 2018Posted 5 months ago
- Arc’teryx Fall 2018Posted 5 months ago
- Ionbox 20m – Negative Ion GeneratorPosted 7 months ago
- Must Have Summer Essentials 2018Posted 7 months ago
- Tp-link Deco M5 – A secure home mesh Wi-Fi systemPosted 7 months ago
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro and Spotlight CamPosted 9 months ago
- Blackberry KEY2: Don’t call it a comebackPosted 9 months ago
- Glowstone – Heated Smart MugPosted 9 months ago
Activ 5 Personal Fitness Device
Written by: Darren Zygadlo | Twitter: @darrenzygadlo | Instagram: @onecutreviews
With Summer upon us, many of us sign up for Gym memberships to get fit and fabulous for swimsuit season but sadly these measures only last a few months and then those expensive memberships are often neglected when the weather gets cold again. However, the team at Activbody, want you to try a different approach and improve your fitness with their first-of-its-kind, wireless-enabled, isometric-based strength training device that takes only a few short minutes a day.
The Activ 5, is a pocket-sized smart device that enables you to get a full body muscle workout virtually anywhere. Designed to work around the daily demands of work, family and travel, if you fail to regularly go to the gym or have spent thousands of dollars on fitness products that aren’t truly portable or flexible, then the Activ 5 was built with you in mind.
The palm sized disc shape device features high precision pressure sensors and is in essence a Bluetooth-enabled, isometric-based strength training device that measures data such as strength, precision and other personal metrics using the companion app. The app coaches’ users through different exercises and instructs you on proper form. This information is then collated and workouts personalized to each user’s fitness level and will track their progress.
Scientific research has shown that isometric exercise is one of the fastest and most efficient ways to build strength, tone the body, and increase metabolism to stimulate healthy fat burning. The Activ5 dynamically creates more than 100 full body workouts for you based on these isometric exercises. A big selling point of this device is how it can be utilized as a preventative tool for Alzheimer’s disease, muscle atrophy, and even indicate potential for injury. In fact, for regular users of the device, during recent independently run studies, participants in the Activ5 Challenge increased their upper body strength by an average of 30 percent, and generated 32 percent more lower body muscle activity than squats, 50 percent more than a treadmill workout and 55 percent more than indoor cycling with just 15 minutes of daily use.
After using the device for 60 days, our conclusion is this – that like many similar devices, this is a worthy portable device that can coach you through different activities to build muscle, strength and improve your fitness and general wellbeing. The fact that it can be slipped into a briefcase or purse and taken easily on the go will definitely appeal to those that struggle to find time to work on themselves between commuting, long hours or sheer exhaustion to drag their sorry butts to the gym. We really enjoyed the accompanying app and thought it was intuitive and easy to use and were also impressed with the build and battery life (6-12 months).
For those seeking a workout that can be done in the seated, standing and advanced yoga/Pilates positions while simultaneously tracking your exercise and workout performance, then the Activ 5 is for you.
Get yours at www.activ5.com