- Activ 5 Personal Fitness DevicePosted 2 weeks ago
- Victorinox Swiss Army I.N.O.X watchPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bleujour – Kubb Desktop PCPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ujjaya Balance BottlePosted 2 weeks ago
- Barehand Gloves by RAWW Co.Posted 2 weeks ago
- Toad and Co. Spring Collection 2018Posted 2 weeks ago
- Kygo Life A9/600 Bluetooth HeadphonesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Kodak Ektra SmartphonePosted 3 months ago
- Square Jellyfish MountsPosted 3 months ago
- PRO Shop World – PRO Power Ping Pong PaddlePosted 3 months ago
- Caudabe iPhone X CasesPosted 3 months ago
- SharkBanz 2Posted 3 months ago
- Beyerdynamic DT 240 PRO HeadphonesPosted 3 months ago
- Fitbit IonicPosted 3 months ago
- Drifter Grooming – Products for Men!Posted 3 months ago
- Pillsy – Smart Pill BottlePosted 3 months ago
- Shadetree SunglassesPosted 3 months ago
- ESET Internet SecurityPosted 4 months ago
- Tuck: The Ultimate Comfort CompanionPosted 4 months ago
- Mountain Hard Wear – Winter Collection 2018Posted 4 months ago
Victorinox Swiss Army I.N.O.X watch
Written by: Darren Zygadlo | Twitter: @darrenzygadlo | Instagram: @onecutreviews
I recently had the revelation that I am NOT a smartwatch guy. It is not because I am anti-technology but rather somewhat clumsy and rough on my watches. My very first smartwatch didn’t survive a day without obtaining a massive scratch on the screen thanks to a foolish brush with a door frame and given my slight OCD, that scratch bothered me and ruined the aesthetic of the device and I was done. Don’t get me wrong, a great watch still and will always look great accompanied by some classy attire but I need something strong, scratchproof and maybe even tank proof. The I.N.O.X by Victorinox is that watch!
For more than some 130 years, Victorinox has made everything from pocket knives to watches to fragrances but one thing has always remained constant, an iconic design backed by quality, function, and innovation. In fact, the creator of Victorinox chose the name based on his late mother Victoria and the international term for stainless steel ‘inox’ which revolutionized the cutlery industry. However, it wasn’t until the second world war that the Swiss army knife got the attention it deserved from US soldiers who were fans of the functionality of the device both on and off the field. Since then, the company has continued to grow and has even taken a more sustainable approach to the materials they use including the creation of Alox scales for the Pioneer pocket knife made from used Nespresso capsules.
The beautiful I.N.O.X watch is a culmination of design, quality and function and is the only Swiss watch to withstand 130 extreme endurance homologation tests. What does that mean exactly? The watch itself is so robust, it can handle a ten-meter drop, being driven over by a 64-ton tank, a dive down to 200 meters below sea level and two hours in a washing machine at 90 degrees. This superhuman build got our attention, but more on that later.
The watch itself is crafted from high-grade stainless steel (316L) with a very comfortable rubber strap. The 43mm watch face is made from an anti-reflective scratch resistant sapphire crystal with a date indicator and very unique screw down crown. Best of all, it includes a removable compass bumper for protection against scratches. As far as the aesthetic goes, it is a great looking watch, albeit it weighty, with its stainless-steel construction, but you are not just buying this watch just for looks.
So, what about its almost indestructible claims? Well we did test this out, we dropped it, submerged it and even drove over it with our car (because a tank was unavailable) and it survived. The stainless steel will scuff over time (if you are not using the bumper) but we kind of liked that, it added character and experience. The band, too, was very comfortable even after long days at work. Our only gripe would be the weight, it is heavy and could fatigue your wrist after long hours at the office.
The I.N.O.X has renewed our faith that companies can make quality products in this throw away society we live in. This watch is not something you buy and give away when the next best thing comes along, it is meant to stay with you, grow with you and be a symbol of your life experiences and the fact that it is basically invincible, helps a lot.
Get yours today at www.swissarmy.com