- Razer Phone 2 – With great power comes great responsibility!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Gear Diary Spring 2019Posted 3 weeks ago
- Cuts Clothing – A Cut above the Rest!Posted 3 weeks ago
- N-Range – Boost Your Cell Signal!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Heshi Designer SocksPosted 4 months ago
- FLXCUF – Roll them sleeves right!Posted 4 months ago
- Gantri – Designer 3D Printed LightsPosted 4 months ago
- Gaze Lab Wireless Charging AccessoriesPosted 5 months ago
- Earin m2 earphonesPosted 5 months ago
- Som SleepPosted 5 months ago
- Origaudio Wrapsody Bluetooth EarphonesPosted 5 months ago
- Tmbr SunglassesPosted 7 months ago
- Google Pixel 3 and 3XL – Three times the charm!Posted 7 months ago
- Moshi – Premium Accessories and PeripheralsPosted 7 months ago
- Tap – Wearable Keyboard and MousePosted 7 months ago
- Botta-Design TRES 24 Titan WatchPosted 8 months ago
- Fall Gear Guide 2018Posted 8 months ago
- Arc’teryx Fall 2018Posted 8 months ago
- Ionbox 20m – Negative Ion GeneratorPosted 9 months ago
- Must Have Summer Essentials 2018Posted 10 months ago
Mountain Hardwear Spring Essentials
Written by: Darren Zygadlo | Twitter: @darrenzygadlo | Instagram: @onecutreviews
Springtime is the time to remove yourself from that couch imprint, put away the Winter coat and get out there and enjoy all that mother nature has to offer. With the warmer temperatures, it also means you can shed some layers of clothing and feel more comfortable and free when you are out and about. Mountain Hardwear are no strangers when it comes to fitting out their consumers for every season and this Spring, they want to make sure you’re equipped for whatever journey you undertake.
With a focus on creating products using only the highest quality materials, Mountain Hardwear, prioritizes the fit, weather protection, temperature regulation and moisture management when it comes to suiting the needs of their “outdoor” athletes’ outerwear. Simply put, they want us to enjoy the outdoors. We were fortunate enough to try out two new offerings for men and women from their Spring line – the Stretch Ozonic jacket and Speedstone Hooded Jacket.
The Ozonic Jacket is perfect for those that want a lightweight and breathable jacket that can stand up to some of those Spring showers and keep you dry. The jacket is constructed from Mountain Hardwears’ own Dry.Q Active material, which combines the waterproof properties of a hard shell with a superlight stretch fabric. A big advantage of this technology is that they have managed to strike the perfect balance between protection from the elements while still making it breathable thanks in part to the large under arm vents. The tough, durable, and abrasion-resistant fabric design also features a convenient hooded cinch system and best of all the jacket can be packed up neatly into the zip chest pocket for ultimate portability. We really appreciate just how versatile this jacket is, weighing in at a measly 11oz, this is the perfect all adventurer ‘three bears’ jacket – not too heavy, not too light but just right and would be suitable for both hiking, trail running or just an early morning walk.
The Speedstone Hooded Jacket is a similar affair but offers an even ‘stretch-ier’ and more fitted overall impression. The stealth black construction and double weave fabric is super stretchy, durable, wind/weather resistant, and finished with a DWR. While slightly heavier than the Ozonic, the Speedstone is a more style over function with its reflective accents on the hood and cuffs. However, it still nails the essentials like a convenient phone pouch and zippered hand warmer pockets. We feel this is a great weekender jacket, it looks great with a pair of jeans and because of its all-weather construction, you will never be caught out in the rain again.
To finish off the ensemble, we will also add that their 3 peaks trucker hat is a great companion with either jacket and its 5-panel construction, unique TPU graphic and wicking sweat band and under-visor, make this a great accessory to your travels.
Mountain Hardwear’s Spring line is available from their website www.mountainhardwear.com and all good Sports retailers.