- Razer Phone 2 – With great power comes great responsibility!Posted 2 months ago
- Gear Diary Spring 2019Posted 2 months ago
- Cuts Clothing – A Cut above the Rest!Posted 2 months ago
- N-Range – Boost Your Cell Signal!Posted 2 months ago
- Heshi Designer SocksPosted 5 months ago
- FLXCUF – Roll them sleeves right!Posted 5 months ago
- Gantri – Designer 3D Printed LightsPosted 5 months ago
- Gaze Lab Wireless Charging AccessoriesPosted 6 months ago
- Earin m2 earphonesPosted 6 months ago
- Som SleepPosted 6 months ago
- Origaudio Wrapsody Bluetooth EarphonesPosted 6 months ago
- Tmbr SunglassesPosted 8 months ago
- Google Pixel 3 and 3XL – Three times the charm!Posted 8 months ago
- Moshi – Premium Accessories and PeripheralsPosted 8 months ago
- Tap – Wearable Keyboard and MousePosted 8 months ago
- Botta-Design TRES 24 Titan WatchPosted 9 months ago
- Fall Gear Guide 2018Posted 9 months ago
- Arc’teryx Fall 2018Posted 9 months ago
- Ionbox 20m – Negative Ion GeneratorPosted 11 months ago
- Must Have Summer Essentials 2018Posted 11 months ago
Fall Gear Guide 2018
Written by: Darren Zygadlo | Twitter: @darrenzygadlo
As the leaves start to fall like the temperatures here in North America, it is time to start layering up and keeping warm and what better way to do so than with some brand new gear from some of our friends. Here is the One Cut Reviews Fall Gear Guide for 2018.
Hatcher Full Zip Hoody by Mountain Hard Wear
Layering is all about having a strong base layer, an item of clothing that will stay close to the body with its sole purpose to keep your core body temperature regulated. With a focus on creating products using only the highest quality materials, Mountain Hard Wear, prioritizes the fit, weather protection, temperature regulation and moisture management when it comes to suiting the needs of their “outdoor” athletes’ and their Hatcher Hoody is a great starting point.
The Bonded Wool Poly Thermal blend combined with the fleece lined inside of the Hatcher means you are going to feel toasty no matter what the weather throws your way. The hoody looks like a luxurious form fitting wool blanket and is one of the most comfortable jackets we have tried this year. The typical sternum signature pocket and zippered pockets means also provide some much needed versatility and can keep your essential items like cellphones and car keys safe and secure while you hike the trails. Available in both men’s and women’s variants and a variety of colors, there is guaranteed to be something to appeal to all tastes.
This also pairs well with another Fall essential, a great pair of gloves and the Plasmic GORETX glove also fits the bill. The durably waterproof, windproof and breathable gloves provide all of the warmth and none of the bulk of a traditional glove. We are particularly fond of the Brushed tricot lining that provides some extra warmth and also love that the gloves also feature what Mountain Hard Wear call Stimulus technology, meaning the gloves are touch screen friendly, perfect for those hand chilling selfies in the colder months.
Women’s Heavenly Long Hooded Jacket by Columbia
For those seeking some outerwear that will not only keep you dry and warm but also look stylish, we highly recommend the Heavenly Long Hooded Jacket by Columbia. The lightweight jacket with its signature drop tail design features synthetic down insulation and Columbia’s own Omni-Heat™ thermal-reflective lining that literally reflects your own body heat toward the body.
We are big fans of the sleek and more fitted design of the coat which gives it a much higher end look, we also like the attention to detail, especially with the comfort cuffs with thumbholes. The weather resistant Storm-Lite DP II 100% polyester shell is also perfect for a wide array of Winter weather from rain to snow.
This inexpensive option really looks great and has been highly praised by many of our women staff.
The Cool Hand Jacket by Toad and Co.
For those seeking something that is more suitable for a night out without the bulk of a Fall or Winter coat, then One Cut favorite Toad and Co have you covered.
The socially responsible and ecofriendly company have a surefire hit on their hands with The Cool Hand Jacket. Made from 98% Organic Cotton and 2% Spandex Canvas, the hard working and utilitarian design is the perfect accompaniment to a classy flannel and nice pair of jeans. The 3 in 1 shell means that you can simply wear the vest, the jacket or combine both and stay cozy.
We love that the jacket comes complete with moisture wicking DWR water repellent and is a longer cut, in fact a 30 inch cut to be precise, it looks great! There is also some welcome stylistic details such as adjustable button cuffs, a modern spread point collar and double patch and flap chest pockets which, when combined, make this a jacket that is not only adaptable but sure to get some worthwhile attention. In fact, Toad and Co guarantee it with their Compliment promise – If you don’t get a compliment within three wearings they will happily take it back and exchange or refund you.